Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My blog is not directed to any group or cause

One of my friends is ______, you fill in the blanks. Well she’s _________, he’s _______, again fill in the blanks. How often have we’ve heard these phrases trying to pretend that we are not prejudice? How often do we make excuses for our actions?

Recently a comment was made to me that if I use Rainbow as the keyword in my blog that I would receive inquiries from the Gay community. I was hurt, offended that the use of such a beautiful name and gift created by God would only bring on one community and not the populations in general. My first reaction was “who cares.” Then I found myself expanding the keyword to be more descriptive; actually someone suggested it. Why?

When I look at people, I look at who they are. I don’t want to take their beliefs or culture away from them. I really enjoy learning from them. If I see a young Muslim women working at Wal-mart, I’m impress and curious at the same time. Like a little kid I want to ask questions and wonder what their home life is like. The same goes with Hispanic, African Americans, Germans, and Italians and yes; even Gays. If you are a truck driver or a banker, an actress or waitress, you are all the same.
God’s creation.

So I am asking that you look at my blog as what it is, a look at life. My blog is not directed to any group or cause but I reserve the right to share my beliefs and values.

No matter who we are, we all have families, struggles and desires. It is my desire that someday when I am still alive we will all respect each other. Okay so this could be another blog on another day.

2 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

I there! I was looking over the FWA website (I'm a member) to see if anyone lived near Clermont. Loved your blog news! :)

Eliz said...

Thank you so much for your comment. Hope to see you at the FWA Conference in Nov. Eliz