Friday, July 27, 2007

Synopsis of our Excursion

I’m back – My dad and I took a trip up the east coast, which is why I haven’t written anything in a month. Here is a short synopsis of our excursion. Look for more details, both humorous and I hope interesting on my new blog www.eliz’stravels.blogspot.com. I hope to have it set-up by the end of next week.
We started out by Auto Train on Amtrak, spent two days in Washington DC. Our next destination was Ronkonkoma, Long Island where we spent two days with family. From there we went by Ferry across the Long Island Sound into Connecticut drove past Providence and stayed outside Boston, Massachusetts for three nights. Our next jaunt was Owl’s Head, Maine; we enjoyed seeing our friends and seeing their little community. Then we traveled back to New Hampshire to have a wonderful lunch with another writing friend. We also saw the Cathedral in the Pines, set in Rindge, New Hampshire.
Passing through Vermont the next place we stopped at was Howe’s Caverns then we moved on the one of my main places to visit, Niagara Falls. We stayed in the Sheridan Hotel on the ninth floor and had a wonderful view of the falls. Moving on we stayed with friends just inside the border of Pennsylvania, from there we went to Lancaster, Pennsylvania to see the Amish Country and the Sights and Sounds Theater, which had a marvelous, and inspiration musical “In The Beginning.”
Our next stop was to visit more family in Chesapeake, VA. Keeping with the trend we visited my Granddaughter in Cairo, GA (no not Egypt). Tuesday morning we decided not to go home so we went to one more city, Atlanta, GA. We stopped by the Zoo and the new Coca Cola museum.
Yes we did a lot and yes it was very tiring, but it was a wonderful experience. If I were to do it over I would have made some changes but that is for another article.

No comments: